COVID -19: Best Practices for Doulas, Lactation Consultants and Perinatal Educators
90-minute online course
With the evolution of the coronavirus as a worldwide pandemic and the continuous shifts in our health and safety measures, keeping up-to-date with what’s going on in our communities has grown even more difficult. If you work with expectant families, you know how important it is to manage fears and to support trust and confidence. Families will rely on us to be prepared, to be knowledgable, and to be reassuring. Are you prepared to:
- Work safely with expectant and new families?
- Answer questions about coronavirus with your clients or in your childbirth class?
- Hold new parent groups or childbirth classes, whether virtually or in small groups?
- Guide a newly postpartum family through social distancing guidelines and cocooning?
- Help clients navigate taxed health care systems that may impact their reproductive care?
- Have the necessary safety supplies on hand?
- Carry out Best Practices for lactation in the face of a COVID-19 outbreak?
What do doulas, perinatal educators, lactation consultants, and other home visitors need to know in order to answer questions, support parents to make informed decisions, and to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
For those who provide home visiting models, doula models of care, or otherwise work outside of medical systems or institutions, it’s important that you understand your role in filing health care gaps and preventing the spread of this and other infectious illness, especially as we face an extended pandemic outbreak of COVID-19. This 90-minute course offers you:
- Unlimited access
- Ability to work at your own pace
- A Certificate of Completion once finished
In this Best Practice course, you will emerge with the ability to:
- Define actions within your scope of practice that can support public health efforts to contain Coronavirus.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- Implement practices to minimize the risk of transmission of Coronavirus and other illnesses when working in home settings or as a non-medical support person in hospitals.
- Familiarize yourself with position statements around breast/chestfeeding and integrate recommendations into your care setting
- Identify reliable sources for updates as they become available.
- Synthesize current findings regarding Coronavirus risk and outcomes for pregnant & postpartum persons, newborns, infants and young children in order to effectively deliver perinatal education, lactation education, lactation consultation, and postpartum support
You’ll also gain:
- Strategies to discuss the Coronavirus in your childbirth classes, and with clients, that allay anxiety while accurately representing the actionable steps that prevent the spread of the illness.
- Comprehensive, up-to-date and evidence-based checklist of best practices for each of these models/scope of practice: 1) lactation consultants 2) postpartum doulas and 3) labor support doulas 4) perinatal educators.
- Further resources to address stress impacts for families and caregivers, discussion regarding elevated postpartum/post-adoption mental health risks, and mindfulness stress buffers to support you as a maternal/child provider of services
- Ethical considerations, moral duty, compassion fatigue, and preventing burnout will also be incorporated.
Register for this course now!
You may also like...
As doulas, lactation consultants, and birth practitioners, we continue to navigate an ever-changing and emotionally difficult world. These bi-monthly virtual gatherings give us the opportunity to explore conversations around caring for others, mindfully maintaining our health and wellness, and approaches to work in the current climate. Let’s practice CONNECTION and build COMMUNITY! This time is…Read More
COVID -19: Best Practices for Doulas, Lactation Consultants and Perinatal Educators 90-minute online course With the evolution of the coronavirus as a worldwide pandemic and the continuous shifts in our health and safety measures, keeping up-to-date with what’s going on in our communities has grown even more difficult. If you work with expectant families, you…Read More
Transform the way pregnancy, birth, and postpartum are experienced. Empower parents to build trust in their inner wisdom as we skillfully and compassionately serve them. Cultivate awareness and connection to build a sustainable practice and support ALL families. Thrive as you support new families to thrive. Be the changemaker you wish to see in healthcare. You feel a…Read More